Saturday, January 28, 2012

This is my precious walking buddy... She is enviously watching me take pictures of various birds and roosts on the property. Taking pictures is difficult when I let her outside with me. There is the obvious, that she might chase the birds, but most importantly, she will jump the fence! I have to keep her on a leash, and can't aim the camera with her tugging on my arm! So, she watches from the door.

I let the feeder run empty yesterday, which caused quite a stir this morning! I am sharing some of the reactions I captured from the visitors:
"Can you believe it? She let us run out of food!"
"Hey! How about a little service here!"
"Aw! Look at this! Not even the big red seeds left in here!"

"I see her in there! YOO_HOO!! ... I don't think she can
hear me?"
  You'll notice that big cardinal was staying close in case a secret trove was uncovered!




A nuthatch came by to check out the
disturbance and see if there were any
tasty critters in the wooden feeder.





On a different note, I thought you might be interested in seeing the Honeysuckle Downs nesting site: 


"Honeysuckle Downs"... where the White Throated Sparrows live
(or at least hang out a lot!)
I saw my first American Goldfinch this morning at the feeder! I tossed around a few roasted peanuts (in the shell, but cracked) and quartered an orange on the patio table. I also tossed a couple of lemon-poppy seed muffins around the feed station. Hopefully, I will attract a few more new types of birds before the Great Backyard Bird Count starts in a couple of weeks!







No comments:

Post a Comment