Friday, January 7, 2011

Did I ever tell you about myself?

Mid-40's, no-nonsense, born again Christian woman seeking career in planetary geology. I enjoy hiking, climbing and nature trails which led me into the hobbies of rockhounding and letterboxing (similar to geocaching but without loose items). I also enjoy gardening and cooking.
Things I do NOT like: country music, tattoos, horror flicks, drinkers, smokers, drug users, reckless drivers, criminal records, men with no goals who are wallowing around waiting for an epiphany.I do like romantic comedies, comedy, action, drama (Nicholas Cage, Morton Downey Jr, Morgan Freeman, Richard Gere, Hugh Grant are my fave actors. Actresses: Sandra Bullock, Julia Roberts, and Angelina Jolie. 'Big Bang Theory' is my favorite TV show. I am most like 'Dr. Sheldon Cooper', less a few dozen IQ points. Within the past 6 months, I have watched most episodes of 'The Practice' and the entire series 'Firefly' (no doubt, I would know a lot more about Geology if I hadn't stopped for the TV!).

Typically my weekends are spent managing my Avon and PartyLite businesses, rewriting class notes, letterboxing (see http://www.atlasquest.com/ to learn about this hobby), spending time with family and friends, or walking in the park with the dog. I often visit my local Starbucks for a relaxing cup o' Joe and a book. Board games, canasta, Wii (LOL), "dance party" haha with nieces... nights I am trying to beat my sis at Bejeweled Blitz or crocheting/knitting, though I am no stranger to reading non-fiction or reviewing French language. In fact, I am reading Mars updates at present, when not studying geology.
I am getting my ducks in a row to move to the Flagstaff, Arizona, area within the next 18-24 months to pursue a Master of Science degree in Geology. I am currently enrolled in remedial courses in North Carolina to patch the difference in programs.
Thank you for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment